1 month ago
Coventry Competitive Permanent
Job Reference: 1132450
On behalf of our manufacturing Coventry-based client, we are currently looking for Head of Manufacturing Engineering.
The Head of Manufacturing Engineering duties:
• Overall responsibility for Manufacturing Engineering activities across the business in the field of lithium-ion battery cell and module & pack manufacturing.
• Understand and define the technology landscape for lithium-ion battery cell and module & pack technology across all sectors.
• Identify critical technologies shaping the future of battery manufacturing and build them into programs.
• Provide leadership, coach, mentor and develop direct reports and manage a high performing team that delivers continuous improvement, added value and cost reductions.
• Prepare the annual Engineering budget and forecasts and all Capital Expenditure proposals as well as ensuring compliance with customer and legal requirements. Manage the budget from identification to completion of projects.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance.
The Head of Manufacturing Engineering will have:
• Educated to degree level (preferably Masters) in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent NVQ Level 7 qualification.
• Fellow or Chartered Member of an industry-related Professional Body.
• Demonstrable experience of leading an engineering function with a proven track record in strategic engineering leadership delivering effective engineering strategies, processes, and systems.
• Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements.
• Proven project management and supplier experience.
• Experience of operating and influencing at a strategic level.
• Knowledge and technical understanding of automotive processes, components, and design techniques.